Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Current News

Newspaper- 1/12/10
Business Section
The article I read about was about the Helen of Troy profits. The profits jumped by 64%. It jumped because of lower operating costs and recent product acquisitions. The total sales in the third quarter was $189.4 million compared to the same time last year.

It is important because this company is doing well despite the recession. It is also important because they are making more money and they are a local company.

3 comments:

Mayra said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mayra said...

Nice and simple...I forgot to put why it was important on mine so I give you extra kudos for remembering. I posted a comment earlier but it didn't say much so here it is: I think practically any company is doing good around this area because the recession didn't hit here as hard as other places (and it's been proven!) so yeah...

Mrs. Goeldner said...

That is huge! Nice find and you are very right about the local impact. Did you know it is the same company that sponsors the Sun Bowl?